Introduction to Baby & Children’s Market Franchise.
Baby & Children’s Market plans to Franchise arose out of its growing success across Berkshire. Realising that the further afield we went from our home town the harder it was to create the really successful events that we wanted it seemed only natural to bring on new people in their own towns running their own markets. We quickly realised that what we could share the success of our business with other like-minded parents and continue to have successful community based markets across the country.
Becoming a Franchisee in any business provides the excitement of setting up your very own small business whilst having the re-assurance that those who have gone before you will share all their learning’s. The ongoing support also ensures your venture in to business is as low risk as possible and you always have someone there to talk through the challenges you face.
Since starting our Franchisee program in January 2011 we now have 40 Franchisees on board covering 18 counties. We are attracting a wide range of people from Mums and Dads to people who already have businesses in the baby and children's industry in our team, but all have one thing in common. They believe that the Baby and Children's Market concept is truly benefiting local families and the environment in the areas where they have established markets in. The markets provide local parents a great opportunity to save a fortune by buying excellent quality nearly new items plus parents can book a stall to sell their unwanted pre-loved kids items that are no longer needed and looking for a new home which encourages recycling rather than throwing these items out. Our events also support local businesses by offering them an opportunity to showcase and selling their unique products and services at each event.
We don’t want anyone coming into this thinking that setting up such a business will be an easy ride. Setting up any business has its challenges. What is guaranteed though is that the more you put in the more you will gain.
When taking on a Baby & Children’s Market Franchise the type of things you will need to do include:
- Finding suitable venues
- Advertising and marketing your events.
- Processing stall bookings / invoicing
- Building relationships in the local baby & children’s industry.
- Managing a successful event on market day.
The good thing about taking on a Franchise such as this is that you can work around your families needs, creating that work life balance. You choose the hours that suit you and your family.
What kind of people are we looking for?
We don’t think that any particular background is better than another when joining our team what we do know is that to be successful in setting up your own business with us you will need to be/have:
- The time to establish a small business to ensure it's a success
- Have great organisational skills
- Shows initiative and motivation
- Drive to succeed
- Willing to go the extra mile
- Forward planner
- Accommodating and flexiable
- Sense of humour
The sort of person that will have great success is one that is willing to get out there and do some hard work promoting themselves and their event and someone that is good at building relationships with others.
The cost to join our franchise?
We have been operating our markets for 4 years now in Berkshire and have now established successful events which are now well know in the community. Perhaps the greatest thing we can provide you is our ongoing support and knowledge of what works and what doesn’t.
To join our team their is a one off joining fee of £250 which includes all of the below as part of your fee:
- Large outdoor professional banner
- Branded T-Shirt
- Up to 4 market locations within your exclusive territory.Can be extended depending on market performance.
- All the marketing resources, templates and documentation you will require to get you up and running!
- Your own baby and children’s market email account/address.
- Use of our website (Dedicated area for your county)
- Use of our county Facebook Fan sites and Twitter
- Use of our branding for flyers/posters and promotional material.
- Use of our business contacts (insurance, printers, artwork desiger, accountants)
- Use of our baby and children’s industry contacts.
- Ongoing support to help you every step of the way.
Why go it alone, when you can be part of an established fast growing UK wide brand.
We have done all the hard work so we can provide you with a ready made successful business opportunity!
It's a fun, flexible and rewarding business opportunity that works well around your family life.
**Only looking to set up one market location in your home town or to run a market to raise money for charity? If so, feel free to get in touch to discuss our options.
How to apply.
If this opportunity looks like it is of interest to you and you would like to find out more about becoming a part of our growing team then please complete the form below and we will be in touch with further details.