Coronavirus/ COVID-19 – IMPORTANT UPDATE
In light of the global Coronavirus/ COVID-19 pandemic. It is with great sadness that our Baby and Children’s Market nearly new sales will be postponed until the government provides the green light for events/nearly new baby sales to re-open.
Due to the COVID-19 virus pandemic, our customers and their families’ health and safety are of great importance to us and so all nearly new sales have been postponed during the current climate.
All pre-booked stall bookings will be transferred to a future event, with a choice of suitable dates. Your local event managers will be in touch with all booked stallholders shortly.
Protecting yourself and others from the spread COVID-19
Coronavirus/ COVID-19 – IMPORTANT UPDATE. You can reduce your chances of being infected or spreading COVID-19 by taking some simple precautions:
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water. Why? Washing your hands with soap and water or using alcohol-based hand rub kills viruses that may be on your hands.
- Maintain at least 1 meter (3 feet) distance between yourself and others. Why? When someone coughs, sneezes, or speaks they spray small liquid droplets from their nose or mouth which may contain the virus. If you are too close, you can breathe in the droplets, including the COVID-19 virus if the person has the disease.
- Avoid going to crowded places. Why? Where people come together in crowds, you are more likely to come into close contact with someone that has COIVD-19 and it is more difficult to maintain a physical distance of 1 meter (3 feet).
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth. Why? Hands touch many surfaces and can pick up viruses. Once contaminated, hands can transfer the virus to your eyes, nose, or mouth. From there, the virus can enter your body and infect you.
- Make sure you, and the people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene. This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately and wash your hands. Why? Droplets spread the virus. By following good respiratory hygiene, you protect the people around you from viruses such as cold, flu, and COVID-19.
- Stay home and self-isolate even with minor symptoms such as cough, headache, mild fever, until you recover. Have someone bring you supplies. If you need to leave your house, wear a mask to avoid infecting others. Why? Avoiding contact with others will protect them from possible COVID-19 and other viruses.
- If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention, but call by telephone in advance if possible and follow the directions of your local health authority. Why? National and local authorities will have the most up to date information on the situation in your area. Calling in advance will allow your health care provider to quickly direct you to the right health facility. This will also protect you and help prevent the spread of viruses and other infections.
- Keep up to date on the latest information from trusted sources, such as WHO or your local government and national health authorities. Why? Local and national authorities are best placed to advise on what people in your area should be doing to protect themselves.
- If you do experience any of the symptoms: a cough, high temperature, or shortness of breath, please remain at home visit https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19 or call NHS 111 for advice.
New safety requirements that Baby and Children’s Market nearly new sales will implement once we are back up and running.
Coronavirus/ COVID-19 – IMPORTANT UPDATE.
- We will require all sellers to wash any washable items that are on sale and wipe down hard surfaces with disinfectant wipes.
- Sellers will be required to bring hand sanitizer to the event so that you can adopt good hand hygiene practices without having to leave your stall.
- Buyers and sellers will be encouraged to wear protective masks while attending our events.
- Sellers’ tables will be positioned 2 meters apart.
- Sellers’ tables will be wiped down with disinfectant prior to sellers arriving.
- Buyers will be required to line up 2 meters apart while waiting for the nearly new sale to open.
- A one-way buyers entrance and exit system will be implemented where possible
- Hand sanitizer will be made available at the entrance of the nearly new baby sale for customers to use. Soap and sanitizer will also be made available at venue bathroom facilities.
- Venues we hold our events in will complete their own health and hygiene procedures to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
- Once nearly new sales are resumed more information will be provided once a full risk assessment has been conducted.
For up to date advice about Coronavirus (COVID-19), please visit the following websites detailed below.
We look forward to resuming our nearly new sales soon.
Take care and stay safe!